Thursday, 27 February 2014

MIM #153 & ColourQ #230

The first thing that crosses my mind was the colour of the summer starfruit which is one of the colours of the challenge over at ColourQ - I don't have this colour in my collection!  Hmm... then I remembered about the challenge over at PTI-MIM which is about watercolour!  



I mixed yellow and green on a whitecardstock to achieve this starfruit colour. Die cut twice with PTI Dress Form.  With the leftover from the watercolour cardstock, I die cut two buttons.  I used the MFT tencil to create the background with the embossing paste.   

The handmade stamp is from PTI Button Boutique.  I wanted a sentiment to be somewhere on the card but not disturbing the look of the embossing paste and decided that I add an acetate so that the sentiment can be stamped on it by using staz on ink.  I am also submitting this card into Simon Wednesday Challenge.



Inside

Thanks for dropping by and have a crafty day!

12 comments:

Greta said...

Oh how creative & beautiful, Lai-Yoke! You might want to add this to Simon Says Stamp Wed. challenge since you used pearls.

joy said...

Beautiful, Lai-Yoke! Great take on the color challenge. Those were the days when I wore HIGH heels and loved them!!

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful card, Lai-Yoke, love the sentiment on this card! Nice to see you again at the colourQ, thanks for playing with us.

Lin said...

Love all the sewing elements you brought together in this pretty card, Lai Yoke! The colors are lovely together! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lin said...

Me again......wanted to say how much I like the way you brought pearls into the mix!

Kailash said...

Love everything about your card, you did so good putting it all together, gorgeous work Lai-Yoke:-) Have a lovely weekend!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is awesome.. I love the embossing and that fun little image.. great card..

Claire said...

I love how you've made such a feminine card with such masculine colours - what a great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q Lai-Yoke

LeAnne said...

So very cute....I love anything sewing-related, so this appealed to me a lot! Thanks for sharing this with us at the CQ challenge!

Arlene said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors!!

Brenda said...

Lovely creation Lai-Yoke!

Martha said...

Lai-Yoke, you've used one of my favorite dress-form dies SO beautifully! I love the embossing & the pretty colors.