Saturday, 8 March 2014

Colour Throwdown # 282

Happy Saturday!  We are having some lovely spring weather and it's going to continue for the rest of the week.  I hope yours are great too!

Sorry, that I have not been around lately because we are renovating our bathroom and toilets since last week.  It's uncommon to have two bathrooms over here and as you can imagine while having the one and only bathroom going under renovation there is no back-up at all.

We have been checking around of how people do it when theirs is under renovation.  Most of them go to the sporthall to have their shower!  Whaaat!!! How do I go to the sporthall when I wake up at 6.30am?  Or some jump over to their neighbours but I can't  do it.  Thankfully, we have enough space in the house to rent a mobile shower. It's a kind of inflatable shower and it's set-up in our laundry room.

With all the dusts, noise, dirt and inconvenience, I could not create a card and I am glad that they don't work in the weekend.  Here is my take on the colour and sketch challenges over at Color Throwdown and MFT.

This is the first time that I am using diamond sparkle medium from Imagination Craft which is swiped over a MFT stencil graduate dots. It is a paste and needs about half an hour to dry before you can continue with your project but seeing the result of it, it's worth waiting. The die-cuts are from MFT Sunflowers, picket fence and the leaves is from SU.  The picket fence is stamped with HA Woodgrain and heat embossed before running thru the CB.
 


Inside

Here is a peep at the mobile shower in our laundry room!  The shower is rather narrow and the water hose needs to be connected to the kitchen tap. 


Thanks for dropping by and it will take awhile again before my next posting!  Have a lovely weekend!

12 comments:

joy said...

LOVE this pretty and sparkly card, Lai-Yoke! So sweet and spring-y.

I am sure you are very eager to have the renovations over - that mobile shower looks SO small!! Let's hope you will not have to use it too much longer. I would have a hard time going to a gym or my neighbor's to take a shower, too. :)

Vickie Z said...

Love the bird and leaves!! Sparkle is fun! Thxs for joining us at CTS!!

Greta said...

Oh wow, Lai-Yoke--this is absolutely fabulous! Love every detail!

brenda said...

How innovative to have mobile showers Lai-Yoke, it certainly solved you problem.

Lovely card full of the freshness of Spring.

B x

Barbara said...

Love that sweet red bird peeking out of the opening! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Kailash said...

Love your gorgeous design Lai-Yoke, the bird, fence all just perfect:-)
Thanks for sharing an insight into your bathroom renovation:-)

Martha said...

This is just SO adorably SWEET, Lai-Yoke! Fabulous design!

OH...how clever to get a mobile shower! Hope the renovations go quickly.

Broni said...

I love how the diamond sparkle looks and your die cut bird is just adorable! Not so sure about that shower, but it's go to be better than going somewhere else!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonderful realization. I like the idea of window. The inside was worked as well as the outside. Great job !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful!!! I just love all the sparkly dots and your red bird is a real standout!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!! Hope all the remodeling is over real soon....how wonderful to be able to rent a shower!!!

Monika Reeck said...

cooooll I never seen that shower that able to rent hihi...cool cool Lai Yoke...

I was wondering where are you...miss your Post in your blog...

The color of your card really vibrant and happy color and I love especially the glittery dots and big dots on it...great take on the challenge and hihi...I made also car with a hole in the middle but I cut it with Japanese cutter maschine...wanna proof see my last post dear...it has a similar idea..I put a bird too there but not in red hihi...

Hope your renovation will finish soon and you can MANDI DIKAMAR MANDI BARU hehehe...hugs, Monika

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card, lai-yoke! the sparkly polka dots are such a fun detail!!