Monday, 21 July 2014

Make the Day Special Challenge #4


Over at Make the Day Special challenge there is an interesting challenge which is to case one of our very own card from the first year of card making.  Never did I thought that casing my own card was so difficult. I am also entering this card into Paper Smooches Sparks challenge and Simon Wednesday Challenge.

This is the card which I decided to case after browing several cards.  As the previous card, I am using acetate as my background which is stamped with white stazOn by using MFT Darling Dots.  The darling snowmen are from Paper Smooches Freezy Fellas which is heat embossed and cut with the wise dies.  So happy that there is a matching dies which make life so much easier.  Did some colouring and added a twine and some sequins.


Added some sequin buttons

Inside

Thank you for your lovely comments!


12 comments:

brenda said...

Goodness me Lai-Yoke I did exactly that earlier this year and it was really scary.

I love your little snowman, a really happy chappie.

B x

Kailash said...

Oh this card is adorable, the colors and dimension is fantastic!!!

Caryn said...

I agree - it's hard to case your own work - but you did a great job.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Caryn xxx

Jessi Fogan said...

It feels scary looking back! I think your new card is just fabulous - and those snowmen are aDORABLE!

Cat's sCrap said...

Lovely card. Everything in simplicty. Two adorable snowmen. Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Rosemary said...

super cute card, lai-yoke... the snowmen are adorable!

Greta said...

Love the acetate background, Lai-Yoke! What a terrific card!

Craftilicious said...

You did a perfect job on self-CASing! Your new verion is just perfect - the acetate works so well for the snowball backdrop and your snowmen really pop!
Thanks so much for joining us at Make the Day Special Stamp Store this month.
Tara

Lori said...

This is adorable! Love the snowmen and the dotted acetate background panel. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

Jenny said...

I love your card, the acetate is just the perfect material for a Christmas card, love how you cased your old card too :0)
Thanks for playing along with our challenge at MtDS this month x

Monika Reeck said...

Cuteeee Lai Yoke I love the image and the twine and the idea using acetate..gorgeous card as always my friend..are you on vacation? I didnt see any post on August and I am so sorry just visiting you we were for 7 days on Baltic sea and we went back to Munich cause my MIL getting worst and stay in Hospital...wishing you always healthy and your family too...hugs, Monika

Monika Reeck said...

the dotted on acetate is so lovely Lai Yoke cute Imahe too and hihi the little snowman makes me smile...lovely twine added too and sweet design you made the inside is great idea with that red paper..and thanks for that green sequin you sent me I will use it one day cause I never use it in my card LOL...which glue you used Lai Yoke for put the sequin may I ask.cause I never use it in my card :) thats why I did not know it ...thanks for your info my friend..