Monday, 14 July 2014

Take It Make It Challenge - July

The Embossed Resist Technique is this month's challenge over at Craft Stamper.  I have not done this technique for quite a while already and thought this should be fun to do again.

The background is from HA Newspaper Background which is stamped and heat embossed in white.  Distressed the background in several summery colours and as I wanted a little bit more interest, I did a few splashes of water.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft which is heat embossed and doodled along the edge.

As for the flowers, I used PTI Fancy Folk Art and did some paperpieced and coloured the flowers and added some crackle paint on them.

I am entering this card into A Blog Named Hero and Stamping Sensations.



I will be posted to a new school location next year which is further away and the travelling time will be doubled - not happy but there is nothing that I can do about it!

I try to cycle to work when the weather is dry and during the brighter days and the distance is about 13.5km per way.  It's very safe to cycle in Holland as there are lots of bicycle paths everywhere and the cyclists are the King!

Today, I had to be at the new location to get to know the staff and the building so I cycled from my current to the new location which is about 3.5km. From the new location, I cycled home which is about 16km and I did total of 30 km! I just wished that with this amount of distance I cycled today, I could see the result weight loss! I need a rest now and thanks for dropping by!


15 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh my this background is amazing and i love those flowers.. fabulous designing..

brenda said...

They say cycling is excellent exercise Lai-Yoke so keep at it.

Absolutely loving your card, the colours and resist embossing. And reminds me I have that rather large wood mounted stamp somewhere.

Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations with your lovely creation.

B x

Renee said...

Stunning background! Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

crafty creations said...

What an amazing background Lai - love it

Greta said...

Such a gorgeous use of the technique, Lai-Yoke! Sorry about your change--longer commute is a bummer!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Ooh! This is stunning! Thank you for playing with us at Craft Stamper challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

I bet after a few weeks of cycling that far you'll begin to notice the difference! I wish it was that safe to cycle here - in our small town, drivers just don't look for bikes at all. Even walking our bikes across in a lighted crosswalk the boys & I have almost been hit twice. It's so much more sensible to promote biking!
I LOVE the card, especially the texture on the flowers!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You must have great muscles in your legs with the cycling you do, Lai Yoke! Congrats on your new job, even if it is much further away from home. Just to have a job these days is a good thing. :)

Love this mixed media card...you really nailed it!

ElizabethR said...

Love the colours that you've used Lai-Yoke it's a gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

Linda said...

This is stunning ... love the background. thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! Love that background and the beautiful flowers. Thanks so much for playing along with Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

Tracy said...

Hope you had a good rest :-)
Beeeautiful project, adore the colours!
So happy you joined us over at the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge :-)

Trish Latimer said...

Love those colours Lai-Yoke, beautiful! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge this month! xxx

Maya said...

Very pretty colors, it looks kind of dreamy... Thank you for playing at ABNH :)

Monika Reeck said...

agree that background is amazing you did it soo well my friend and cute flowers you put here adorable...what an awesome card Lai Yoke..love this