Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Merry Monday #123


Hello! Hello! Hello!  It has been a while since I last posted here as we were away for almost three weeks in the western Canada! Yup!

Our first stop was Calgary with 2 flight transfers which took us in total of 24 hours!!  Gosh!  With the long flights and jet-lags, the signboards at the Dallas airport were not very clear and the staff were not very knowledgeable as to where to direct us for our next transfer. Luckily everything went well after queueing up on the wrong lane for half an hour!  But it was worth the waiting and delays as we enjoyed our trip tremendously!!!  

As you may know, it's not easy to catch up with your mojo again after being away for a while and I thought I will start with something simple by using lots of punches to create a wreath for the challenge at Merry Monday Christmas.  I am also entering this card into Simon Wednesday Challenge.


Punched out several snowflakes and arranged them in the circle die cut.  Applied some stickles on the deer and added pearl accents on the wreath itself.  The sentiment is from HA which is heat embossed.



One more thing before I go, the canadians are so warmth and friendly that I was so touched!  I or rather all of us will definitely go back again or if there is an opportunity we will migrate over!

Thanks for dropping by.....



17 comments:

joy said...

Welcome home!! So happy for you to have had a wonderful vacation, Lai-Yoke! It is never fun to navigate plane transfers, but I'm glad you made it through to Canada.

Love this beautiful Christmas card. The red and white is just striking!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful snowflake wreath, Lai-Yoke! I love all the sparkle! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Annette Allen said...

how did i miss this.. so totally pretty.. love how you added the pearls.. love it

Greta said...

Beautifully done, Lai-Yoke! I was thinking of doing a snowflake wreath, too--haven't decided for sure yet. Glad you're back home & had a good trip. Wish you could have come a bit farther south & we could have met!

brenda said...

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday Lai-Yoke, we too are not long back from ours and it does take time to get back into crafty mode.

Love the crisp elegance of your card today, I have been dabbling with getting a reindeer die and think my mind is not made up, off shopping.

B x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I saw it on Merry Monday

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I love your glittery wreath. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Lauren Moore said...

This is so gorgeous and sparkly, love the red and white together.

Cat's sCrap said...

Magnificent Christmas Card. Great work ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Kristie Goulet said...

So sparkly and pretty. Love the Deer die cut in the middle. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Debbie Henderson said...

What wonderful layers to use for your wreath and so glittery! Thanks for adding to our gallery this week at Merry Monday!

Nancy said...

Love your snowflake design, Lai-Yoke! You do the most amazing designs using glitter, and this card is gorgeous!

Monika Reeck said...

woooww Lai Yoke I love the sparkle too its adorable and woooww I love the red and white color combo really adorable christmas card..hope you are doing well...big hugs..Monika

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely Christmas wreath with all that sparkly goodness and I like the Red and white colour combo. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

debby4000 said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, love the deer and wreath on the red, really makes them stand out.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Rosemary said...

lovely Christmas card, lai-yoke... that glittery wreath is beautiful!! sounds like you had a wonderful time in Canada. and yes... Canadians are very friendly!! i'm very fortunate because I live so close to Canada that I can drive there!

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm so far behind! *waves hi!* I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to Canada - it's an absolutely beautiful country to visit (and to live in!) And as much as they say people are friendlier in the small towns, I find they are in the cities too :)